1 cup medjool dates (the softer the better)
2 tablespoons Mighty Sesame Tahini
6 tablespoons almond milk (you can likely use coconut cream or soy milk or even the water you use to plump up the dates)
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt, plus additional to sprinkle on top
2 cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips
2 tablespoons honey
- Prepare muffin tins with liners – this recipe yielded 12
- Cover dates with warm water and allow to sit for at least 10 minutes to plump up.
- In a food processor, process dates, tahini, milk, maple syrup, vanilla and sea salt. Use a rubber spatula to push down mixture that goes up the sides. Keep processing until smooth and creamy – this may take a few minutes.
- In the meantime, place chocolate in a heat-safe bowl. Place bowl over pot filled with about one to two inches of water (water should not touch bottom of bowl). Melt chocolate by bringing water in pot to a simmer. (Don’t allow chocolate to get wet!) Once chocolate is smooth and melted, remove from heat and mix in honey.
- Spread about one tablespoon of chocolate mixture at the bottom of each muffin cup. Next, drop approximately 1/2 tablespoon of date caramel into the center of the chocolate. Top each with one tablespoon of chocolate. Give the pan a gentle shake to even out the chocolate.
- Sprinkle a drop of sea salt (preferably coarse) over each chocolate. Refrigerate until set.