5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
30 oz black beans (2 15-oz cans)
1/3 cup pourable sesame tahini
2 limes juiced
1 dry chile guajillo
1 dry chile ancho
1/2 bunch cilantro
- First, toast the chiles. To do this, place them in the middle of a 8x8 square of aluminum foil. Fold the sides up to enclose the chiles in a package so that all the odor stays inside the package. Place the package directly on your oven rack. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes until the chiles have blackened slightly.
- Next, open the cans and drain the black beans. Place them in the blender.
- Add the lime, tahini, olive oil and salt, cilantro and toasted chiles.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Top with optional garnishes.
Created by: Better Food Guru, Sara Tercero