1 pound brussels sprouts, ends clipped of and cut in half
6 strips of bacon, cut into strips crosswise
1 shallot, minced
¼ cup Mighty Sesame tahini
2 lemons, juiced
1 cup edamame
½ cup pecans, toasted and chopped
4 cups arugula
2 T olive oil plus 1 T
1 T brown sugar
¼ cup hot water
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, toss brussels sprouts, shallots and 1 T olive oil. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Rub 2 T olive oil on to a cookie sheet, place brussels sprouts in a single layer and roast 25-30 minutes or until the center of the brussels sprouts is tender when pierced with a knife. Pull from oven and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a sauté pan cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside reserving bacon fat.
- In a bowl, mix tahini, hot bacon fat, lemon juice, hot water and brown sugar.
- In a large bowl, mix together brussels sprouts, arugula, edamame and warm dressing. Mix well and cover to let heat wilt arugula for 1 minute.
- Place on serving platter, sprinkle with pecans.