2 large sweet potatoes, quartered lengthwise
¼ cup olive oil plus 2 T
1 t salt
½ t black pepper
12 large fresh basil leaves
1 garlic clove, minced
2 t lemon zest
1 T lemon juice
2 T tahini
1 t cumin
¼ cup scallions, sliced
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium heat and season sweet potatoes with 2 T cup olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place flesh side down on grill and cook until soft when pierced with a knife. Turn every 3-4 minutes to get even grill marks.
- While sweet potatoes are cooking, place 1/4 cup olive oil, basil leaves, lemon zest, garlic, lemon juice, tahini and cumin in a blender and pulse until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- When sweet potatoes are cooked through remove from grill to serving platter.
- To serve, place sweet potatoes wedges on platter and drizzle with vinaigrette. Sprinkle with scallions.