1 lemon, halved
2 T olive oil
1 t salt
1 t black pepper
¼ cup tahini
¼ cup water
1 T lemon juice
1 T honey
1 clove garlic, minced
½ t cumin
½ t chili powder
- Preheat outdoor grill.
- Cut the tops off the artichokes about ¾ of an inch down from the top. Also, trim the stem down to 1 inch and shave the outermost layer of skin off. Slice artichokes in half lengthwise.
- Rub the halved lemon over all of the cut parts of the artichokes.
- Tear 4 even pieces of aluminum foil 8” x 8". Place artichokes leaves side down on the foil and drizzle them with olive oil. Squeeze leftover halved lemons over the artichokes. Season with salt and pepper and seal foil tightly around artichokes.
- Place on grill and cook over medium heat turning every 5-7 minutes for 30-35 minutes or until artichoke centers are tender when pierced with a knife.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine, tahini, water, lemon juice, honey, cumin, chili powder and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve grilled artichokes with tahini dipping sauce. Enjoy!